Girls 2020-2021 Club Tryouts
- Tryouts for 17 and 18 divisions: September 19-22
- Tryouts for 15 and 16 divisions: September 19-22
- Tryouts for 14 and under age divisions: October 3-4
Forza1 North is Located at 3008 Inland Empire Blvd, Ontario, CA 91764
Make Up Tryouts by Appointment Only!
Please contact -
Morgan Coberly:(909) 762-3297
Austin Meador:(909) 472-7446
Joe Schnake:(951) 852 - 4390
Tryouts are a 2-day process.
Offers will start going out day 1, and will continue through day 2.
For Players whose preferred club is Forza1.
There are 2 opportunities to be seen on Day 1. Registration for Day 1 allows you to attend either the morning or afternoon sessions. However, it is strongly advised to be present for the morning session.
If you cannot make the Primary tryout, our Secondary tryout offers a second chance to be evaluated for placement. Because offers can go out at the Primary tryout not all team positions may be available at this tryout but you will be made an offer on this day no matter what.
There will be 2 opportunities on Day 2 to be seen.
Tryout Times for 14 and Under by age & level.
Day 1 - Saturday, October 3rd
13 & 14 UA & National: 8:30 am - 10:30 am - $30
12 and Under All Levels: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm - $30
13 & 14 Regional: 1:00 - 3:00pm - $30
12-14 UA & National Primary 2 Tryout: 3:30 pm - 5:00pm $30 Primary 2 only for those who cannot attend Primary Morning Tryout.
Day 2 - Sunday, October 4th
All Day 2 tryouts are Secondary Tryouts.
12 & Under All Levels: 9:00 - 10:30am
13 & 14 UA & National: 11 - 1:00pm
13 & 14 Regional: 1:30 - 3:30pm
14 and Under Locals - 4:00 - 5:00pm
Updated Age Definitions for the Upcoming 2020/2021 Season!
2020/2021 CLUB SEASON PRICING
There are multiple price points for the different levels of club that we offer. We have club programs starting as low as $2,000 for the season.
Please contact our office for more information on our pricing.
WELCOME TO THE FORZA1 CLUB TRYOUT PAGE!
Welcome to our Tryout Page and welcome to Season 8 at Forza1! We are excited about the upcoming tryout season and building great teams. In the past five years Forza1 has put together some top teams in our very competitive Southern California region, including Junior National medals in the 15's, 16's, and 18's age groups. All four high school Under Armour teams were nationally ranked! Beyond these results, we had successful teams at every level, and we are focused on developing talent through hard work, teaching the fundamentals and providing an enthusiastic environment for learning!
Please take a moment to look around our website and learn more about our program, our staff, our teams, and some of the neat things we do for our community like host the USA Women's National Team!
WHO CAN TRYOUT?
Forza1 will field teams of all ages and levels. We will accept players as young as 7 (2nd grade) and as old as 18 (12th grade). We will accept players who are beginners as well as intermediate, advanced and elite. Our goal at Forza1 will be to provide players of all ages and levels the opportunity to participate in a way that suits their experience, helps them develop as a player and person, and meets their commitment level. Players from everywhere are welcome and new players are welcome too!
WHEN ARE TRYOUTS?
Due to COVID-19, Tryouts have been moved to September 19th for 15s and Older! 14s and Younger will now be held on October 3rd!
Please check updated Age definitions on the SCVA website HERE .
WHAT TO TRYOUT FOR?
Forza1 will offer 3 different CLUB levels of participation:
National - this level is meant for experienced elite players and/or those who want to compete at the highest level locally and nationally. Intermediate and advanced level athletes often play "National" as well if they are making a bigger commitment and are looking to become college prospects. What separates National from the others levels is that these teams travel to Triple Crown, Junior National qualifiers and championships during the season.
Practices = 3x per week + strength & conditioning
Tournaments = approx 10 per season
*Note: National and Regional players will tryout on the same day and we will place your daughter according to her skill level and evaluation at tryouts.
Regional Elite - this level is meant for intermediate to elite players who are looking to compete at a high level regionally (Southern California) and build their technical skills and understanding of the game. Regional is very similar to "National" in that they compete in the same league (SCVA). The main difference is that these teams do not attend qualifiers and their National end of the year tournament is in Anaheim, CA and hosted by the SCVA as the Soiree.
Practices = 2x per week
Tournaments = approx 9 per season
Local - this level is meant for beginning to advanced players. We will have a range of local teams in each age group to accommodate the varying levels of skill and experience. Local teams will play in the Alliance Volleyball league held at our Ontario facility in 12s, 14s or 16/18s divisions and play in either Open or Club. At the end of the year we also host our very own Forza One Performance Cup!
Practices = 2x per week
Tournaments = approx 7 per season
*Note: Local tryouts are separate from the National/Regional tryout. If you know you want to play local this is the tryout for you! If you're not sure, contact our office and we will steer you in the right direction.
WHAT IS THE TRYOUT PROCESS?
Tryouts are new to some families so here is an explanation of how they work!
Step 1: Register on-line for the tryout that matches your age and level using the "registration" links below. On-line registration is mandatory.
Step 2: Save all the dates and times for your tryout. All levels have multiple tryouts and attendance at all tryouts for your level are mandatory. If for some reason you have to miss a tryout please contact our office.
Step 3: Prepare for tryouts by practicing, going to open gyms or clinics, playing pepper, doing privates, whatever you can!
Step 4: Attend the tryouts you signed up for with at least 1 parent.
Step 5: At tryouts we will have a mandatory parent meeting where we hand out information about the club season, pricing and structure.
Step 6: Go through the tryout giving your best and the coaches will evaluate you and the other participants***
Step 7: At some point during the tryout you will be offered a spot* on a team and asked to accept it (*please note that only at the local level does everyone make a team. Cuts can be made from the National or Regional level but those players may still choose to play local).
Step 8: If you accept the spot it will be reserved for you until the paperwork process is complete.
Step 9: Complete the paperwork and payment procedures and secure your position on the team.
Step 10: The club will communicate next steps (when season begins, your practice schedule, meeting dates and so forth).
Step 11: Return all paperwork to Forza1 on Commitment Day
*** the tryout process is both exhilarating and challenging. Everyone wants to make the best team and we understand that. Our job as evaluators is to find the best fit for each player and to build well-balanced teams that will succeed and give each player the opportunity to thrive. Some keys to remember:
1. Sometimes a players placement is really obvious and sometimes it is not. This means that you could be offered a spot on the first day of the tryout or on the last day. It all depends on the tryout and the pace at which the teams are formed and put together.
2. We evaluate all players equally. We will do testing in the beginning of the tryout to get a general sense of athleticism, speed and skill level. Then we will break out onto courts and do position and team play evaluations. During this period players may start on the top court or the bottom court, they may move to all different courts or they may stay on the same court.
3. There are stationary evaluators on every court and there are moving evaluators on multiple courts and they all work together to properly place the players and build good teams.
4. Depending on your height, skill set, potential, athleticism, and most importantly your position (and depth of players trying out in your position) you will be placed accordingly.
5. Volleyball is a skill specific sport so creating a well-balanced team means you need approximately: 2 setters, 3 outsides, 3 middles, 2 rightsides, and 2 liberos for a total of 12 players. Some teams will carry this exactly and some will carry something close to this so the # of players on the roster may vary from 9-13.
6. Our philosophy on number of players is simple - do what makes the most sense. If there are 12 girls around the same skill level that create a well-balanced team then the team will have 12. If there are 11 or 10 girls that make the best team then we will put that number of girls on the team. There are advantages to every number because some provide more security and depth, or competitiveness and different practice opportunities. The most important thing is that its a well-balanced team position and skill wise.
7. Players may be added to a team roster for many reasons. Outside of their skill set they may be added for their work ethic, their attitude, their competitiveness, their potential, their height, their speed, or even a specialty like "a really good server" or "a big blocker". The reverse of this is also true so make sure to put your best on the court. In general, there is a lot at a tryout for the Coaches to consider, so this is why we suggest just giving your VERY best and letting us see what you can do on the court!
Please remember: one parent MUST attend the first tryout for the Mandatory Parent Meeting to get pricing and information for the upcoming season. We recommend at least 1 parent is present at all times so the club can communicate with you or your daughter during the tryout about her placement.
If you have any questions
please contact us:
CONTACT US TODAY!
USA VOLLEYBALL JUNIOR PLAYER AGE DEFINITIONS
Click HERE for information on Junior Player Age Definitions
ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR TRYOUTS, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.