FORZA1 NORTH VOLLEYBALL
FORZA1 RECRUITING PHILOSOPHY
At Forza1 we provide our student-athletes with guidance that will help them be successful in finding the right collegiate program. We also encourage our student-athletes to be pro-active in the recruiting process so they understand the commitment level and programs that interest them.
As former (and current) college coaches, recruiters and athletes we understand the ins and outs of recruiting and have a great network of coaches and tools to help Forza1 student-athletes find and commit to a program where they can succeed in all aspects of life. Our goal at Forza1 is to help every student-athlete find the right fit!
PLAYER GUIDANCE CENTER
List of Recommended Actions
1. Set up a gmail account to use for recruiting purposes. Something like: email@example.com
2. Using your gmail account set up a YouTube account so you can post your own game footage for colleges to review
3. Create an account with University Athlete. University Athlete is the primary recruiting tool college programs across the country use to find and follow prospects. You can purchase an account with University Athlete for a low nominal fee and receive bonus features to use in promoting yourself and researching schools. You can also sign up for a free account that lists you in their database and allows colleges to find you (but does not include promotional/search features). We recommend the paid account especially if you are a sophomore or older.
4. If you are a junior or senior, register with the NCAA Clearing House so you can ensure that you are on track academically for admittance into NCAA member Universities. To "officially visit" a college campus as a recruit you will need to be cleared with the NCAA prior to arrival.
5. If you are an unsigned senior, sign up for the PrepVolleyball Senior Showcase (registration opens in ~ January) that is held every year at the Las Vegas Classic. To do so, you will also have to become a member of PrepVollelyball.com.
6. Speak with your guidance counselor at school to asses your academic standing, class schedule and overall GPA. This information will help you understand what collegiate opportunities are available to you academically.
WELCOME TO FORZA1 RECRUITING
At Forza1 we are happy to introduce you to our student-athletes who are preparing to play at the next level. We hope to provide college coaches with a snapshot of our recruitable athletes so they can easily identify future prospects. Let's get started!
Aaron Flores is the Recruiting Coordinator for Forza1 North. Please contact him to discuss Forza1 North athletes.
THE ART OF BALANCE
Life is a challenge to be met with strength if one is to find success.
At Forza1 we are keenly aware of the challenges that student-athletes face in managing their time, their academics, their athletics and their social life.
At Forza1 we will foster and develop life-skills in our players that will help them achieve balance and strength on and off the court.
Understanding is the first essential element to creating balance in life and sports. Our goal here is to provide you with knowledge that will lead you to understanding the following:
- the expectations and criteria for success
- where and how to find advice, services, aid, guidance
- how to identify and meet important markers along the way
- how to enjoy the process of fulfillment
Welcome... to Forza1 Life Skills for Student Athletes...
LET'S START WITH LEARNING
Learning is the foundation for happiness and success. At Forza1, we believe that if you can learn to play volleyball you can learn to do anything. We also believe that if you can learn to do math you can learn to do anything. The lesson here is that if you can learn one thing, you can learn anything. How? Through effort, attention and practice.
Some things come easier than others and this usually varies from person to person. At Forza1 we encourage our players to be well-rounded and to transfer their on-court learning to all areas of their life. If something comes up that is particularly challenging (sometimes known as adversity) we encourage our players first to assess their strengths, and then their weaknesses, and then begin learning how to overcome the challenge before them.
With tenacity (sustained effort) all things can be learned and achieved and it is our belief that this mindset is what creates strength and balance in life.